Frequently Asked Questions
Inputing a target weight
Scroll the Digital Crown up and down to input your target weight. Plates will use your configured equipment to compute a standard plate configuration for your target weight. If a valid configuration does not exist for your configured equipment, Plates will snap to the nearest valid configuration and display the final weight.
Configuring barbell weight, plate inventory, and units (metric / imperial)
Force Touch the screen to configure your equipment. Plates will display a new view that allows you to configure the barbell weight, plate inventory, and units as follows:
- Barbell Weight: Scroll the Digital Crown up and down to input your empty barbell weight.
- Plate Inventory: Tap plates to add to your inventory. Plates displays the total number of plates in your inventory, not the per-side quantity.
- Units: Tap kg or lb to switch between units. Tap again to reset your configuration to defaults.
Using the reverse calculator
Reverse calculation is always available. To use, simply tap a plate to add to the barbell. If your configuration is non-standard (doesn't use heaviest plates first) a wand will appear near the total weight; tap it to standardize the plate configuration.
Inputing and clearing a warm-up percentage
Once you have selected a target weight, tap the flame to apply a warmup percentage. Plates will display a grid of common warm-up percentages, tap one for your starting warm-up percentage. Plates will display the nearest plate configuration for the selected warm-up percentage, the total weight, and the selected warm-up percentage which you may adjust with the Digital Crown. To clear the percentage, tap the C% button and Plates will restore the original target weight.
- You can use the Digital Crown to adjust the displayed warm-up percentage.
- You can use the reverse calculator is this mode to directly input a warm-up plate configuration.
- You can clear the warm-up percentage my tapping the C% or by scrolling the Digital Crown to 100%.